Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Dream Come True, Well Sort Of...

When I sleep, I dream. And when I dream, I dream vividly. Always in color and with, what seems to be, purpose. Typically, I know that I'm dreaming, and I have a slight ability to alter what is going on; if I try. Also, I have no problem remembering my dreams when I wake up. Normally my dreams help me see things in my life from a different prospective. Like a bridge, my dreams connect my subconscious to my conscious mind. Sometimes they can have a foreshadowing quality about them. My dreams don't necessarily predict exact events, but they do allude to certain situations or people. This brings me to the real topic of my post, which is a dream I had the other night...

So, I was in my aunt and uncle's house, and immediately I knew something was wrong. I walked into the living room and a short, fat, balding man, who looked about 50 was lying in a pool of blood- obviously dead. I screamed and ran up stairs. Then there was a period of time that elapsed and I came out of the bedroom I was staying in. I saw my cousin(one of six brothers in the family) and this feeling of fear came over me. I ran up and gave him a hug. I told him I was really scared and didn't know what to do. Then he was gone and I was back downstairs, and there was no body. I started to question my aunt and of course she looked at me like I was crazy. She introduced me to this weird older lady and then I woke up.

After I woke up I had a real uneasy feeling. My grandpa who is 92 lives in that house, and I haven't heard from any of them in a while. So, I decided I would call and make sure they were ok. Well, I hadn't gotten around to it yet, and later that evening I got a phone call. It turns out my grandfather had a heart attack about 4 weeks ago and no one told me. He is doing ok, but there is really nothing the doctors can do as far as a full recovery. He's just old. :(

Anyway, strange...my dreams just have a way about them.

No comments: