Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Week From Now

I will be starting my new job.

I'll be making more money, as well as keeping my vacation, sick time, and benefits.

I'll be adding more time to my day by cutting my commute by about 2 hours. (My new job is 5 minutes from my house. It's even in walking distance, if I'm so inclined.)
*****************************************************************************
The decision to take this new job was somewhat difficult for me. Change isn't always easy, and I had envisioned myself at my current position for a bit longer. I have made lots of friends, and I LOVE the people I work with. However, life is always changing, nothing stays the same forever, and I am very hesitant to turn down something that has been so perfectly laid out for me. (I did not seek this job out, it literally sought me.) So, I'm really excited to see where this new road will lead me!!!!

15 comments:

Rekha said...

All the be best

bindhiya said...

Congrats!
Sweetie,
am so happy for you.
this is going to be great.
love & ((hugs))
bindi

Bar L. said...

Good luck with it, Jess. I understand the "change" but this sounds like a great opportunity!

John Holland said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Change can be scary, but it can also be good. And it's great that you can keep your vacation and sick time, that's something you usually lose when you start a new job. I know when I started a new job and lost four weeks of vacation and had to start over...that hurt.

Arv said...

Congrats mate...

Wish you all the best with the new job...

walk to ur off, its good :)

You know what they say, things that are meant to be will always seek us out when the time comes :)

take care mate...

cheers...

ani_aset said...

hi jessica
first time. Best of luck to you.
I am going through a phase of deciding if to move on and stuff..it really is difficult

Vixen said...

Change is hard, but more money and more time?!?!?! That is awesome!

Congrats and good luck.

Jessica said...

Welcome Rekha! Thanks so much! :)

Bindi,
Aw, thanks! :)
It is going to be great—I can feel it!

Thanks Barb! Yeah you’d think we’d all be used to change cause it’s so much a part of life, but for some reason, sometimes, it is extremely difficult.

Hi John,
Thanks! Transferring all my time and seniority is one of the perks. :) You lost four weeks? Oh man, I bet that did hurt.

Arv,
Thanks Arv, I do believe that, you certainly speak the truth! :)

Ani,
Welcome! Thanks so much! :) Yes, it can be really difficult, but in the end you will know what to do.

Aw, Vixen thanks! :) I’m getting pretty excited about it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yaaaaaay!

Jessica said...

haha-Gary you are a goof! :D

Ferd said...

Congrats, Jess!
It all sounds great!

Reflections Magazine editor said...

Best wishes being sent your way....life is filled with opportunities...

Jessica said...

Thanks Ferd! :)

Nice to see you Fearless, and thank you. :) My first day was today--it went really well!

Roshan said...

Sorry that this is so late but congrats Jessica! Change is difficult and sometimes leaving a comfort zone can be hard but there are more challenges & accolades to be won on another path. Good decision for you to grow. I just hope something good comes for me too.

Jessica said...

Aw, thanks Roshan...that is very true! Something good is coming for you too! I know it! :)