Have you ever been to a dinner theater? No, I don’t mean the type where a mystery needs to be solved while you eat. Although, I have heard those can be fun. I’m talking about a movie theater, in which you can order dinner, and eat it while you watch the movie.
Well, in my area I thought this type of theater was extinct.
There was one, I went to years ago, and it was a lot of fun, and at that time you could smoke inside, while watching the move, and eating dinner; which was a plus for me, back then, because I smoked. (an aside: kudos to myself…I quit cold turkey, and haven’t looked back for 4.5 years!)
Back to my point, so the one I went to has been gone for a long time, and I didn’t see anymore sprouting up, and just figured they didn’t make any money, no market for it etc.
Well, today I found out two things that made me happy!
1. There is a dinner theater in my area doing renovations, and it will be open mid-summer.
2. Also, I read an article, about the city, that said two more were opening, and some to follow, when the need arises, which they think it will.
Dinner, Drinks, and Movies all in one place! As you can see, again, it’s the little things. :)
So, tell me about your experiences with dinner theater…are there any in your area?
1. One movie that made you laugh: Wow…there are tons, but picking one. The 40 Year Old Virgin.
2. One movie that made you cry: Beaches
3. One movie you loved when you were a child: Poltergeist
4. One movie you've seen more than once: Star Wars: A
5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it: I’m not embarrassed of any movie I’ve watched. It doesn’t matter to me what other people think of what I watch. (I’m just sayin’)
6. One movie you hated: Wing Commander
7. One movie that scared you: Fight Club (it freaked me out.)
8. One movie that bored you: 2010
9. One movie that made you happy: 50 First Dates
10. One movie that made you miserable: AI (Sad that the robot boy had to wait an eternity(literally) for his mommy)
11. One movie you thought would be great, but it wasn’t: Analyze That
12. One movie you weren't brave enough to see: I’m pretty brave-try me!
13. One movie character you've fallen in love with: Stitch from Lilo and Stitch :)
Everyone is tagged!