Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meditation and Carrot Cake


This is what I had for dinner. Strangely it wasn't very satisfying.

I'm contemplating meditation tonight. People have told me for years that I should try to meditate for relaxation and such. And for one reason or another I just haven't pursued it. After reading Eat, Pray, Love I started seriously thinking about trying it sometime. Well, an opportunity has presented itself, and tomorrow I am taking an introductory meditation class! I'm pretty excited and a bit nervous. So we'll see how it goes. :) I'm not hoping for a Zen like state quite yet, but a little inner peace would be nice.

3 comments:

A New Yorker said...

As someone who lives in the spiritual world, I can tell you I have also been told to go meditate and for me it's not so easy. When it is forced, the wrong part of my brain turns on and I don't relax. I have personally found it is the moments at home relaxing with my incense that I dose off in random thoughts and then I end up naturally meditating that work best for me. I tell you this so that if you turn out to be the same way you are not so hard on yourself. Blessings, Lauren

Bar L. said...

Well dang, that piece of carrot cake would have given me inner peace!!

I am going to start Eat, Love, Pray today because a blogger I know recommended it on her blog and I admire her mind - so its gotta be a good book. And I may even go see the movie she recommends in the above post :)

I use to pray/meditate often but things are too tangled together spiritually for me at the moment.

Jessica said...

Lauren,
Thanks so much for your advice. :) It is hard for me to settle my mind. I'm thinking that the less structure the better sounds good. I'll experiment a little and see what works best.
Also, welcome to my blog! Thanks for reading. Come back anytime!

Barbara,
:D! I hope you like the book;It did wonderful things for me!
About, the meditation/prayer topic: I definitely think you have to be in the right frame of mind spiritually for a positive effect.