Sunday, August 30, 2009

A New Hobby


A while back, a beloved beaded bracelet of mine broke. I kept the beads, determined to fix it myself. Then, a few months ago, I finally set out on the task to find supplies to mend my bracelet.

Long story short, I got inspired, bought tons of jewelry making supplies, ordered bead catalogs, and scowered many "how to's" on the web.

Next, I found a simple project; I made my mom wine glass charms/sun catchers for mother's day.

After that, for the next couple months, I got busy, and didn't have any time to devote to my new hobby.

Recently, I started feeling creative again, and I bought a pendant which I absolutely adore, so I decided to make a necklace to show it off.

And as far as my beloved bracelet goes, let's just say it has seen better days. (a lot of the beads are missing, so reforming the bracelet, as it was, is impossible. But I will use what is left for another project.)

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love it!

I think personalized jewelery, is better than store bought any day!

I like the pendant too!!!

MYM said...

That's very pretty. I really like that pendant!

Arv said...

thats some talent you got...

it looks so cute :)

take care mate...

cheers...

Malcolm said...

Good luck with the new hobby. I am pleased to hear that your river of creativity is flowing once again.

lena said...

Thats actually a good hobby :)

I did something like that before but now have hardly time for anything other than work and the magazine :D

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OOOh! Why not!

Jessica said...

Thanks to you all! :) Hoping you're having a wonderful weekend! I appreciate you!