Monday, July 7, 2008

Coming Clean

Today, this blog is going to take a little side trip into the world of pop culture.

You know, I don’t care about people and their reactions to what to what I read, watch, listen to etc. I not embarrassed about anything. I just am who I am, and I do what I do.

That being said…I have been keeping something from my readers, so I figured I might as well come clean. :D

One of my must watch TV shows is The Two Coreys. If you don’t know what it’s about here is a short, but very complete synopsis of the show:

Two Coreys= Corey Haim & Cory Feldman child stars from the 80s.
Were in a few movies together…they were friends, but became estranged as their careers went downhill.

In its second season…the show is basically about them finding their way in Hollywood again, and trying to rebuild their friendship.

I started watching last season because I was curious, yes, but probably more because it just looked like something to laugh at. (Which it is!) :) I NEVER thought I would be a devoted watcher into the second season.

Despite, the obvious overacting and pre-doctored scenes I am drawn back every week. And, get this, I’m even concerned for their rocky friendship, and for Haim’s mental health. Who would have thunk it?

8 comments:

A New Yorker said...

IF you were in my field of reach I would have bitch slapped you. You scared me! I thought some deep dark horrible secret was about to emerge. I held my breath and read slowly only to learn you have a secret tv watching behavior?!?!?!RRRRRRR.
LOL

Jay said...

I can't bring myself to watch the Two Corey, but I don't have any room to criticize either. I mean, I do watch Keeping up with the Kardasians and The Girls Next Door and The Hills and well a couple of others. ;-)

/so very ashamed.

MYM said...

heehee ... we all have our TV guilty pleasures. I love Judge Judy, lol.

To be honest, I saw the commercial for that show but didn't know who they were.

Malcolm said...

Even though I am not in the demographic that the producers are seeking, I am a big fan of the sitcom "Hannah Montana". It's funny because watching Hannah has started a "domino effect". I now also watch many of the other Disney Channel sitcoms (That's So Raven, The Wizards of Waverly Place, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, etc.). Although they aren't great by any stretch, they make me laugh and that's all I ask for out of a sitcom.

Arv said...

Dont get that one over here mate... Will watch it when it gets aired :)

Have a nice day... Cheers...

Jessica said...

Lauren,
LOL…like I said, that was my intent. :) I thought the title was intriguing!

Hi Jay,
hahaha…maybe my Corey obsession stems from the fact that Corey Haim looks a lot like an ex! I haven’t watched any of the shows you’ve listed, but I just might give them a try! :)

Drowsey,
:) Judge Judy is cool…I admire her spunk.

Malcolm,
I’ve never seen any of the Disney Channel sitcoms, but if you say they are funny…I might have to watch. In my opinion, laughter cures all. :D

Arv,
K, Hope your day is going well! :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey i dont get that here in india
:( if it airs i wud be first to watch it...and btw dont think wat people think because wat ever u post we love to read them....


urs ..hemu..

Jessica said...

Thanks Hemu! :D