Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rescuing Sprite

The last book I read was called Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover's Story of Joy and Anguish by Mark Levin. What a great book! I laughed, I cried, etc, etc. What I really loved was how this seemingly typical story, of a family, their pet dog, and his life and death, turned out to have a lot of substance. In fact, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone suffering from the loss of a pet. I wish this book had been around a few years back; my life took a sharp downward turn when I lost both of my dogs, unexpectedly, within the span of 4 weeks. In Rescuing Sprite, Levin touches on some deep philosophical stuff, and at one point with an unlikely source-Rush Limbaugh. So grab your your pet, curl up, and read Rescuing Sprite. It's certainly worth your time!

2 comments:

helena said...

ZOMG!

Thanks a trillion for enabling full posts in RSS! Way, way awesomer! :)

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law just gave me this book for my birthday. :)