Friday, October 19, 2007

Moon Landing Donation to Kennesaw State University

Since graduating, from Kennesaw State University, in May, I haven’t been able to bring myself to change my homepage from the school’s site. I am pretty nostalgic when it comes to my alma mater, and I am always reading news about how the school is doing.

Today I read about a neat donation Kennesaw recently acquired from Apollo 16 astronaut Charles Moss Duke Jr., and thought I would share.

Duke donated a complete lunar module contingency checklist, a lunar rover map, and 20 Georgia state flags flown on board Apollo 16. His donation makes Kennesaw State University the first university library in the world to own a map and a complete checklist used on the lunar surface.

Pretty cool!! To read more about this check out the article.

No comments: